Monday, October 8, 2007

New blakehutchins.com site imminent

Working on the final changes to my website update at blakehutchins.com. I hadn't updated for the last year, what with one thing or the next. Chalk it up to inexperience as a first-time blogger. Still, it's kinda embarrassing to have let it go stale.

The main goal of this redesign is to reduce to a simpler format that takes less effort to maintain. My (at this time current) incarnation of the site has in essence three blogs to keep up: News, Blog, and the fiction one I called Snippetry & Grue (a title I may use elsewhere). Keeping all three current proved wholly optimistic. The goal now is to contain and focus the amount of participation required to keep things fresh.

I chose Blogger because it came without ads for no cost. Depending on how it goes, I may take the liberty of transferring it elsewhere in the future, but for now, it has a copacetic design and feature set, easily convenient, sans ads. Fine by me, and I'm thankful.

I anticipate I'll have my new site design up today or tomorrow. Whew.

No comments: